Some of the disadvantages of using WhatsApp include:
1. Security and privacy risks: WhatsApp’s end-to-end encryption protocol can be cracked by sophisticated hackers, allowing them to access messages and data.
2. Data usage: WhatsApp consumes large amounts of data, especially video calls and media sharing, which can result in high data bills.
3. Fake news: With messages spread across WhatsApp, it can be difficult to tell the difference between fact and fiction.
4. Online scams: With the proliferation of online criminals, there is an increased risk of falling prey to online scams and malware.
5. Addiction: WhatsApp can lead to overuse and addiction, resulting in loss of productivity.